Image Map

July 9, 2009

My Spiffy New Header!

Phew! What an improvement from the last header, right? I felt like it was important to have a picture of the girls (hence the title of the blog) and I struggled to figure it out in order to do it myself. I had so much fun playing with it and this is what I finally came up with. Do you like?

I would love comments to hear your thoughts!

I knew the old one was going to be temporary but like I said before, I am soooooo the technology novice. Those of you who know me accept this little imperfection. To those of you who don't know me, here is the scoop...

I do not have cable so I have no clue what has been on television for the last 2 years. I own one of those cell phones where you pay for a certain amount of minutes and at the end of the month, it is time to reload. So, ok I have no idea where that thing is, no clue what even one of the seven digits are in the phone number, and that thing always loses minutes before I can use them. I don't listen to CD's in my car and the ones at home play itsy bitsy spider and B-I-N-G-O.

But being a "nerd who's behind the times" has its perks. I spend lots of time with my family. I get to tinker with all my creative ideas (which can be a quiet obsession for me). I read a lot. Wish it was the bible more and I console myself that I read Christian fiction. But let's face it. I am reading about fake Christian people who seem to always know how to live the life I think I should be living.

Hey. Let's examine that.

Do they ever have their babies sitting in a pool of pea soup? No. Wait...that would be diarrhea...and playing in it by spreading it all around her immediate vicinity? Do they have babies who have all 4 molars coming in at the same time and refusing to eat? What about a daughter who fights me for about an hour each day to nap or go to bed? Or do they struggle with my consistent predicament of being born with what I like to call "a back with a crack" because I have no butt and all my pants fall right down despite what the scale says? Because this is my life. That was my life today, actually.

But I am grateful for this life and I am grateful that my girls are my girls. I don't need modern technology to entertain me nor do I feel the need to be up on all the latest toys. Because I have what I need. Not always what I want but I am trying to be thankful and teaching my girls the same thing. I could really do without the pea soup diapers, though.

And even if my pants fall down, they are usually cute pants. Plus, as they fall down they set free my muffin top. See? Always something to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I just looooove your header, but then I may be a bit biased. :) Your comment on my blog made me totally laugh. Just had to come over and visit. You are the best! I'll be baaack...which is meant to be a compliment, not a threat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header, too. But you know what made me the most excited? Your signature! HOW ADORABLE? Is that one of those handwriting fonts we were talking about!?! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!